Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trying Out Local Welfare Facilities and be Mistaken for Chinese Wife Again ( 韓國社福體驗 之 又把我當中國新娘 )

I just give it a try, to check out one of the welfare facilities in my district, the Yangcheon Community Health Center (양천보건소). Diagnosis is basically free for residents, the place looks decent, though a bit old school. For example, they are still using squat toilets (this is still popular in Taiwan and Singapore, but I haven't seen it in HK or Korea, until this time). Their staff are pretty nice but just as usual, I am mistaken for a Chinese wife again; also given that I don't speak Korean that well, the guy at the X ray room is pretty impatient with me, pointing at a notice written in Korean, saying "Can't you read this, Hangul?" (of course he said this in Korean). Very nice, I JUST FUCKIN DUN READ IT, OK ?! Luckily KC then comes help me out. Later, the guy announces that the machine's out of order, so everyone has to take again. I just hope he does not mistake people's X ray photos. (Yangcheon Community Health Center's picture from Yangcheon-gu office)

Later we turn to a nearby clinic for further consulting, the Seoul Bom Internal Medicine Clinic (서울 봄 내과). I must say this is so far the best clinic I've ever been in here. Dr. Park (박재경) has an academic and career background from Seoul National University, and to my amazement he is very kind, patient, and most importantly, ENGLISH SPEAKING! I definitely would recommend this clinic to anyone seeking a nice doctor. See, doesn't he look nice? (picture from Hidoc

No comments:

Post a Comment